Winter Retreat 2010

Winter Retreat 2010
Group Photo

bible gateway

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why Choose God

Some skeptics simply can't understand why I believe in God, or why religion is tolerated by so many, but where they really get stumped is when faith in God trumps science. In 2009, fact is not as important as persepective. If I have a theory about something and I get enough people to validate it, then I can sell it as truth. God's word says, Jesus is the way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the father except through Him. Most good people then get hung up on the idea that they may not be ready yet. They may not be ready to commit, or ready to take that leap of faith into what is unknown and unclear verses the real world they can see and touch and feel. The question I ask today is "Why Choose God?"
Because:
-His Word is True
-His Love endures forever
-He restores the soul
-He is our shepherd and protector
-He is not bound by science, common sense, or anything of this world
-He forgives the guilty
-He saves the wicked
-He never gives up
-He is the only thing that can defeat evil, satan, and demons
-He will have the final word
-If I am right about God, then Heaven, Peace, Joy, Love, Mercy, Grace are real and everlasting, if I am wrong, I have lost nothing
-There will come a day when it is TOO LATE, and for me, it isn't worth trying to escape that Truth
-Because He chose us. The truth is we don't choose Him, he chooses us, but we aren't rejected by God, but we can reject God. And that rejection is the only unforgivable, unpardonable sin.
So if you have been invited to be a child of God, Choose "Yes". It will change your life forever.

No comments: